Jordan Gusman is the latest member of the Tinman Elite training group and on Episode 104 we catch up with him in Colorado before he heads home to Austrillia to race in their 10k National Champs. We get to know about youth running down under and how his training has changes since joining the team.
- Kind growing up had bad asthma
- Moved to countryside for health
- Played variety of sports
- Liked soccer running was better option
- 14-15 got serious about running
- After high school junior’s
Was breaking 4-minute mile as big of a thing in Australia?
- Great story about how he broke 4-minutes for the first time
What about a time you underperformed?
- Tend to get sick a lot
- Overthink it before major meets
Relationship with Tinman Elite
- Last month been here in Colorado training with them
- Heading home to Austrillia for a few races and Christmas and will decide if train here or home
- We run together twice a day almost every day makes it fun
- Good mix of guys keep it fun
What have you learned from Tom since joined team?
- Unlike anything I have done before
- Every workout seems to have a mix of all systems
- Still learning how to train
- CV- Pace can hold for 30 minutes, longest rep is about a mile
- Don’t workout a goal pace, but pace can run today
- Volume is down too
- A lot of qualiy in the less miles
The Final Surge… 5 questions in under 1 minute
Favorite endurance/running book? – Perfect Mile
Current trainers you are wearing? – Adidas SOlar Glide
Favorite race? – 5k
Favorite recovery meal or recovery drink? – pb toast and coffee
Your favorite workout – Mile Reps